Greetings, Imagi-Movie fans! I decided to try something new, just to pique some curiosity. As you all know, I LOVE Famous Monsters of Filmland, having grown up reading it. Well, Uncle Forry used to run mystery pictures for readers to guess every issue or so. I figured, why not me? So, here we are – a new weekly puzzle. Every Wednesday there’ll be a new Mystery Picture. The answer will be revealed the FOLLOWING Wednesday, along with the release of the next puzzle. While we’re at it, let’s make it a contest, running the next ten weeks.
So without further ado, I give you…
Mystery Picture #1
Here are the basics –
1) There will be ONE (1) picture/puzzle each week.
2) The pictures will ONLY be from live-action movies of the horror, fantasy or science-fiction genres. There will be NO TV shows or animated films.
3) The format might also change each week. Sometimes it’ll be identifying a character by a feature or body part. Sometimes it will be identifying a movie by the scene partially shown. Sometimes a silhouette. Other times, you’ll have to name the ACTOR/ACTRESS, portraying a part.
4) Particularly TOUGH puzzles will have TWO (2) parts and will be worth TWO (2) points (which will CERTAINLY aid in breaking ties). For example, you’ll not only have to name the actor, but the film as well. OR the actor and their character. OR the character and the movie. These questions are all or nothing. So let’s say that you correctly guess Boris Karloff (for example ONLY), but without naming the movie, or guess the incorrect movie, it’s completely wrong.
Here’s how you play:
1) PLEASE DO NOT post any answers in the comments section. It’s a contest, remember. Do you really want to give someone else help?
2) DM me on Twitter (IF I follow you, of course) with the answer & I’ll let you know if you are right or wrong. If you can’t DM me, tweet me @DraconicVerses & let me know you want to answer & I’ll follow you so that you can DM me. Just make sure to follow me back, or else I can’t reply. Make sure to include the puzzle # in the message. Multi-part messages are permitted.
3) Answers must be DM’d no later than 11:59PM EST the following Tuesday night.
4) The FIRST person to correctly guess ALL TEN mystery pictures will win.
5) In the event that NOBODY correctly guesses all ten pictures, the person who has guessed the MOST correct answers will win. In the event of tie scores, there will be one (1) extra puzzle per competitor involved for all to solve. I.E., if there are three (3) people with the same score, there will be three (3) bonus puzzles to solve. The first person to correctly solve ALL bonus puzzles will win.
Oh, the prize?
If you have a blog (and I know that quite a number of you that read DV have one), I will design a header for a feature/column on your blog, along the lines of the ones I made for my own SIRKI’S SUMMONS & IMAGI-MOVIE features. In the event that you do not have different features/columns on your blog, I will design a static (non-animated) header for your blog, if your blog template provides that option to you (I’ll need the exact dimensions allowed), or I’ll make a illustration that you can use as a featured image on your blog’s home page.
So there you have it. Put your thinking caps on, and best of luck to you!
Oh, and even though you shouldn’t post answers there, please drop me a comment to let me know what you think of the contest. Thanks.